Pirate Quotes

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Life on the Mississippi

The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.

Heathens don’t amount to shucks alongside of pirates, to work a camp-meeting with. – Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

A love pirate ? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that ?

It was a great experience for a kid, because it was a bunch of kids playing on pirate ships and water slides, so looking back on it, it was the fondest experience of my childhood.

You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow – Pirates of the Caribbean

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.

Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.

You are without a doubt the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of. – Pirates of the Caribbean

And don’t they wear the bulliest clothes! Oh no! All gold and silver and diamonds,” said Joe, with enthusiasm. – The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

It’s not everyday you get to do a pirate movie, you might as well go for it.

Suddenly you’re like a pirate, you’re 65 years old and you’ve got an ear-ring.

My access to music when I was growing up was through pirate radio, you know, transistor radio under the pillow, listening to one more and then ‘just one more’ until your favourite track comes on.

Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

I’ve been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, A poet, a pawn and a king; I’ve been up and down and over and out, And I know one thing; Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race

It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.

Where there is a sea there are pirates.

You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move. – Pirates of the Caribbean

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that some day. – Pirates of the Caribbean

The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates.

Even pirates, before they attack another ship, hoist a black flag.
^ Scroll to Top