Retirement Quotes

Retirement, a time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked.

Retirement is when the living is easy and the payments are hard.

A man is known by the company that keeps him on after retirement age.

Retirement: World’s longest coffee break.

Retirement is the ugliest word in the language.

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.

Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.

Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them.

Life begins at retirement.

I will not retire while I’ve still got my legs and my make-up box.

The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.

When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.

Sooner or later I’m going to die, but I’m not going to retire.

To retire is to begin to die.

I’m retired – goodbye tension, hello pension.

It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able man.

Old soldiers never die, they merely fade away.

Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.

The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.

I’m now as free as the breeze – with roughly the same income.

A lot of our friends complain about their retirement. We tell ‘em to get a life.

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.

Retirement: It’s nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese.

He who laughs last at the boss’s jokes probably isn’t far from retirement.

Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can’t retire his experience. He must use it.

Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.

When I retire I’m going to spend my evenings by the fireplace going through those boxes. There are things in there that ought to be burned.

There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working

The question isn’t at what age I want to retire, it’s at what income.

When a man retires and time is no longer a matter of urgent importance, his colleagues generally present him with a watch.

When you see some people work you wonder what they’ll do in retirement.
^ Scroll to Top